Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Curried Cauliflower

Sometimes after a long day at work, a tough workout or any other excuse I can think of I don't feel like making myself dinner. This inevitably leads me straight to prepared food section at Whole Foods. Last week I dished myself up a generous portion of their curried cauliflower and though delicious, it was dripping with oil. Yuck.  Nom Nom Paleo had a easy sounding Roasted Curried Cauliflower recipe, I tried it out this week with astounding success.  Yum!

Right before going in the oven

This is actually really good for breakfast!

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
  • Melted coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder (I used Penzey's Maharajah Curry Powder)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Half a lemon or several tablespoons of lemon juice

Directions: Preheat over to 450 degrees.  In a large bowl toss the cauliflower, coconut oil, curry powder, salt and pepper.  Place the cauliflower on a foil lined baking sheet and cover tightly with another piece of foil.  Roast for 15 minutes, remove the top piece of foil and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes.  If you have time I would suggest flipping the florets every so often.    Plate and serve with lemon juice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment