Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baked Sweet Potatoes With Lime and Cilantro


Sweet potatoes are one of my hands-down favorite foods, I make them anytime I get the chance.  I actually made these on Friday night and loved them so much I decided to make them again on Sunday for Katie's potluck.  Inspired by Bobby Flay.


Friday Night!
 
Sunday Night!
Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt (or garlic power mixed with sea salt)
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut sweet potatoes into your desired shape. In a large large baking dish toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil.  Bake for 40 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Season with black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, lime zest and cilantro. 

2 comments:

  1. And they were AMAZING and I'm going to make them. But I still request them for my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last weekend and they were delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete