Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm not a Monday person

I'm really not a Monday person but honestly, is anyone?  In the spirit of being a bit more postive here are the top 3 reasons that THIS Monday was awesome (I know really, who uses the word awesome anymore?!):
  1. I am officially signed up for Warrior Dash! There are only three start times left on Sunday so if you want to sign up you should probably do it soon.
  2. After having to do a quick return and re-order my new correctly fitting purple Brooks finally showed up on my doorstep. LOVE at first sight.
  3. I decided to treat myself to some flank steak for breakfast this morning.  This turned out to be such a great decision that I think I will be eating steak for breakfast for the rest of the week. Try not to be jealous. I can't find the recipe I used for but the below is pretty close!
Lemon-Lime Flank Steak Marinade

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup lime juice
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon dried onion
  • 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Add the flank steak to a large ziploc bag and pure in the marinade.  Refridgerate overnight. Enjoy!


Obligatory picture of me wearing the purple Brooks!


No comments:

Post a Comment