Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Go Seasonal!

Another one of my new year's resolutions was to start eating organic and so it's going okay...definitely harder then I thought it would be!  A big part of going organic is eating what's in season - the produce tends to be fresher AND cheaper.  Double win.

I'm a big fan of Whole9 - check out their post on 5 Reasons To Go Seasonal and their Seasonal Produce Guide.  I actually have this saved as a bookmark on my phone, it makes grocery shopping a lot easier.


What's in season right now:

Belgium Endive
Brussel Sprouts
Cauliflower
Collard Greens
Jicama
Kale
Squash - Acorn, Buttercup, Winter
Sweet Potatoes

Clementines
Dates
Grapefruit
Kiwi
Oranges
Passion Fruit
Pears
Pineapple
Pomegranate
Red Currants
Tangerines

Recipes to follow!  I've been making a lot of squash, cauliflower and sweet potatoes lately. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment